.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thoughts on Quilts, and More

Friday, May 05, 2006

This Week

has been busy. I can't believe it has been over a week since I have posted!

Last Saturday was Arbor Day, and we spent most of it at the Dawes Arboreteum. This is a beautiful place, 100's of acres of trees, with trails, a large lake, a Japanese Garden, and a Nature Center/Gift Store/Cafe. We always enjoy spending time there, but Arbor Day is a very special day! They offer so many unusual activities that we enjoy, like tree climbing and scooping tadpoles out of the swamp. We also participated in the "tree tasting" and we went on a scavenger hunt. Sunday I had six quilt tops that I fused to batting, and then completed an escape hatch finish on. If you don't know what that is, check out Melody's blog. Anyway, that took me most of the day. And this week has been busy every evening with either karate class or quilting. I have those six quilts to finish the quilting on, plus another quilt (traditional) that I am quilting for my Mom to have for a DAR auction.

Tonight I am going to a gallery opening for a one woman show by Marilyn Stocker, being held at The Works. She is an interesting artist, and a member of the Layerist Society. Tomorrow I will spend the morning working in the yard, and maybe going on a short hike. Then it is back to the sewing machine to get quilting done! And Sunday is the last meeting until Fall for the Art Quilt Alliance. We will be having a pot luck and a fabric exchange. Should be a fun weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home