.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thoughts on Quilts, and More

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

More About the Workshop Part 2

So where were we? Oh yes, the zing. Well, at this point I was not happy with any of the blocks I had made as being part of a series. So I woke up the next day with a wonderful idea! I made a larger block (15x20) based on an idea I had in my sketchbook. I used what we had learned about values, using brights in part of the block, moving into med. darks. I was so happy with this block that I ended up making more! By the end of the next day, this is what I had...



I am so happy with this piece! I can hardly wait to get it quilted and finished. I am already moving on to the next piece of this series in my mind -- choosing the colorways and the layout. I think I can explore these curves for quite a while -- they are so sensuous and dramatic...Yea!

After all of this brain work, I took some time to just fool around. I made five or six small pieces (7x9) just for fun. Of these, I am happy with three of them as they are, and there is one that may be the basis for yet another series. No pictures of these yet...but I did take one of them and make it bigger (18x24).



I don't think this is my best piece of the week, but I am not unhappy with it. There is so much to do with what I have learned about myself and my work -- what an exciting time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home