.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thoughts on Quilts, and More

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Greenville Arms Fiber Art Workshop

Ahhh...what a wonderful workshop week! It was so hard to come back from such a great place, with great people and I can't even describe the food! We will just have to go to the pictures (insert drum roll)



This is the Greenville Arms B&B from the rear...A beautiful old house built by the Vanderbilt family way back when



And this is the building where I stayed, and where the studio is located. The studio is a quilters dream! Each "workstation" has an 8 foot table and two outlets. The outlets for each station are on a separate circuit -- no blown fuses!



This is John, Server Extrordinaire! He would serve us breakfast and dinner each day, always with a smile, and always with many compliments. It was worth going to the workshop just to meet him!



And Mark LaPolla...one of the owners of the Inn, and one of THE most wonderful chef ever! Here he is getting ready to put a kebab on the grill for our dinner. And these are some of his other creations...



This was our dessert on the first night -- yummy! I don't even like cheesecake all that much but it was soooo wonderful. This is when I knew that my diet was totally blown for the week.



And this was our dinner on the last night...stacked fish with sweet potatoe french fries, spinach, sour cream, peppers, etc. and caviar/sour cream blinis. WOW!

I should mention now that these pictures are courtesy of Melody Johnson because I could not be bothered to take my camera with me anywhere other than the studio. I did get lots of pictures of the art created over the week, so more photos are coming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home