.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thoughts on Quilts, and More

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

What Not To do

I came across this today on this blog, who found it on yet another blog. So many of us do so many of these things! I know I am especially guilty of #1, #3 and #5, but the others come into play on occasion as well!


How to Feel Miserable as an Artist
(Or what not to do)

1. Constantly compare yourself to other artists.
2. Talk to your family about what you do and expect them to cheer you on.
3. Base the success of your entire career on one project.
4. Stick with what you know.
5. Undervalue your expertise.
6. Let money dictate what you do.
7. Bow to social pressures.
8. Only do work that your family would like.
9. Do whatever the client/customer/gallery owner/patron/investor asks.
10. Set unachievable/overwhelming goals to be accomplished by tomorrow.

1 Comments:

  • You have hit the nail on the head. Two and nine put a halt to a lot of my creative work. Now as I am older I am still over coming them.

    By Blogger doubleknot, at 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home