.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thoughts on Quilts, and More

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Catching Up

I just can't believe it has been two months since I have posted! So much has been happening...

First, of course we had Christmas. This is always a big event around our house, even though we tried to scale back some on the decorations and food. We also had my MIL with us, for the first time in a while since she and her husband spend the winters in Florida. Unfortunately it was for sad reasons, as her mother passed away right before Christmas.

Next big event was our water well has actually been completed and fixed! Finally! It took months and I am just glad now that it is done and I can start dying fabric.

Then the boys and I went to Mexico for a week to visit my parents, and a lot of Mayan ruins. A fun time was had by all, and hopefully pictures will be posted tomorrow.

When we got home from Mexico, we welcomed a beautiful young girl into our home. Her name is Ana, she is 16 years old and is an exchange student from Brazil. She is a joy to have with us for the next few months.

And last night was the artist's reception for the AQA quilt show at The Works. We had about 35 quilts up and I had one piece in the show. This was so exciting for me, as it is the first time I have shown a quilt in a gallery. Marcie and her family, and Lori came out from Columbus for the reception and we went to dinner after. The show has a lot of very good pieces and I am proud to be part of such a talented group!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home