.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thoughts on Quilts, and More

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to all! We had our first snowfall yesterday. Since it was dark when I got home last night, I planned to get up this morning and take some pictures. But the snow had all melted by then -- good news for anyone traveling today. The roads were bad last night, with lots of accidents and cars in ditches.

Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that encourages people to get together with their families. We are so spread out that it is harder and harder for family to come to our house, or for us to get to them. One of the nice things about not having anyone coming in for Thanksgiving is that we don't have to follow any of the "rules". For example, we got hungry for a snack. We had pie. Why not?! And we forgot to get any potatoes to make -- that's ok, I'll just make some biscuits.

It is also a day when we think about what we have to be thankful about. I am thankful that I have a great family, and we all enjoy good health. I am thankful that we have the means to keep a decent roof over our heads and food on the table. I would like to be thankful that our water well was fixed, but that will have to wait for another day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home