.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thoughts on Quilts, and More

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Therapy

We have had a very sad couple of days at our house this week. Ana had to go back home to Brazil, for a family emergency, and it doesn't look like she will be allowed to come back. It was very difficult to have to deal with the fact that there was an emergency at home, that she would be leaving after only a few weeks with us, and that there was only a few hours to say goodbye to everyone, pack everything up, and get ready for a long plane ride. Ana handled it with the same grace and maturity that we have seen in her over the past few weeks. She is truly a very special young lady.

So, when life gives you issues to deal with, what is the best therapy? Starting a new project of course! This is a modular felted bag, kit with Noro Kureyon which I love love love! This will be my first felted project, and I love these Iris Schreirer patterns. My only concern is that I may be knitting it too tight, although I keep checking gauge and I am on.



And here we have an example of the second best therapy known to me -- shopping! And even better, book store shopping! Here we have two new books which look to be thoughtful without being depressing (important when therapy is involved), two highway maps, and a package of handmade paper.



Is anyone else out there as fascinated as I am with handmade paper? I just love the textures and the colors, and how you can see the fibers in the paper. And of course the maps are highway maps of New York and Pennsylvania, feeding the obsession I have talked about in previous posts. I will be studying them and marking my route over the next few days!

1 Comments:

  • I love hand made paper and even have tried my hand at it - it was amazing to see pulp and things turn into paper. I had to make my own screen and had an old blender that I used to make pulp with.

    By Blogger doubleknot, at 6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home