.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thoughts on Quilts, and More

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What's Going On

So many works in progress, so many ideas, so little time! See my new thing on the sidebar? That's it, right over there. This is my list of what I am currently working on. Of course, this is not exactly a complete list...only the main things that are really on my mind at the moment. I just took off the Women in Art Challenge piece (see Grandmother's Flowers) and added the three or four small pieces I want to get done to submit for a little quilt show. And they really mean small -- the longest side is to be less than 17 inches!

Not included are some of the works in progress that I am not really inspired to work on at the moment -- like my fish quilt. But I did just order some beads and fibers so that I can start working on it again in a few weeks, maybe after I get back from New York. And my butterfly quilt, and the piece(s) I have designed to use my Guatemalen fabric. And the sweater I am planning to cast on to work during my New York trip. Ok, that one doesn't count because I have yarn and pattern, but haven't begun yet.

My Missing Piece quilt is so ready for me to work on it again. It just needs quilting. My hesitation has been that I want to use invisible thread for the quilting, and it is such a pain to get the tension correct. But this is a piece that really wants to get finished. Reflections II is on the design board and is not as eager to be worked on. But I am happy with the design at this point although I am sure it will get tweaked as I go along. And these knitting projects seem to never end. I am not sure why I thought that knitting a cardigan with sock yarn was a good idea, especially considering how quickly I get bored with projects. Oh well, when it's done it will be really pretty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home