.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thoughts on Quilts, and More

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Halloween Costumes

Again this year, the boys have had a hard time deciding what to dress up as for Halloween. I honestly don't remember being so laid back and/or indecisive about this event. We started planning for Halloween usually within a week or so of going back to school. We rarely bought our costumes -- my mom usually made something so she needed a little notice! Halloween was a big deal when I was growing up. I don't know if it was my neighborhood, or if it was just my dad -- this is his very favorite holiday. But I loved dressing up and I loved carving pumpkins and I loved going through all of our loot after trick or treating.

Of course, trick or treating for the boys is very different than it was for me. I lived in a suburban neighborhood with lots of kids, and we knew all of our neighbors for several blocks. We now live in the country, and while we know our neighbors within a mile of us, that is still only about 5 people! I usually take the boys to the town square where the city sponsors a beggars night. It is crowded but a lot of fun to see all of the kids dressed up.

So they finally decided Friday night that they would be Jedi warriors. So Saturday morning off I go to Joanne Fabrics to find some brown, drapey, kind of warm, fabric. Ok, found it. Thank goodness for coupons! I only spend $12. And I spend another $12 getting them long sleeve light brown t-shirts to wear under their Jedi robes. Saturday afternoon I am sewing away and the Jedi robes are done. They will look awesome I think, especially for being thrown together at the last minute. Pictures will follow!

1 Comments:

  • Enjoyed reading your blog. When I read that you go to Jo Ann's and used coupons well I just had to comment. That is my and my sister's favorite place and we always use our coupons. We are crocheters but do some sewing and I used to quilt but haven't done any for a few years. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with your project.

    By Blogger doubleknot, at 6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home