.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thoughts on Quilts, and More

Thursday, September 15, 2005

DAR

OK, I make quilts, I knit, I am a member of the DAR and I train in martial arts...as my mother and I discussed today, I am a little quirky! Anyway...I attended a lunch meeting today of the Franklinton chapter of the DAR. No, this is not the chapter I am a member of...that would be the Hetuck chapter. However, the Franklinton chapter meetings are 10 minutes from my office, while the Hetuck chapter meetings are 1 to 1 1/2 hours from my office. They are a little difficult to get to. This meeting today was really fun! I didn't expect it to be fun. Educational, patriotic, full of old ladies, these are what I expected. Instead, I was greeted very warmly and introduced around to quite a few of the ladies attending, and sort of adopted by one very very nice lady. It was fun! The program was entertaining, the food was ok. It was fun!

Also on the DAR front, I am very happy and very proud that my mother has been elected Regent (president) of the John Edwards chapter (Mexico City). Congratulations Mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home