.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thoughts on Quilts, and More

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Quilt National

I finally got down to Athens today to see Quilt National. I have to say it is every bit as wonderful as I have been hearing this summer! I can't even say which quilt was my favorite, because there were so many that spoke to me!

I took my nine year old son, Kyle with me today too. I wasn't sure how he would like the show, since he has never seen an exhibit of art quilts before, but he enjoyed it too. I was really pleased that he could share this with me.

On our way home, we stopped in Nelsonville at the Rocky Boot Outlet, and got Kyle some new hiking boots. And we had lunch at a restaurant called The Coffee Cup. It was described to us as a "mom and pop" type of place, so I was pleasantly surprised to see bright, eclectic decor, and an interesting menu (though not too unfamiliar for a nine year old).

Overall, a very good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home